The following information has been extracted from Vol 1 of Newcourt's Repertorium,
William Seton was collated to the Rectory of Thorley on 2 September 1431.
In 1433 he exchanged the living for that of Great St Mary's in Sawbridgeworth, where he was instituted as Vicar on 17 April of that year.
Having served at Great St Mary's for three-and-three-quarter years, he again exchanged his living, this time for that of the Church of St Mary Magdalene, Barkway in Hertfordshire where he was instituted Vicar on 9 January 1437. He resigned from Barkway sometime before 17 November 1444, when William Evott succeeded him as Vicar of the benefice.
Return to St James' Rectors